When I first sat down to write this post about 2014, I ended up with a 500 word essay that had barely even begun to cover January (A lot has happened this year!).
This year, whilst it does deserve a long and thought out retelling, has been as far from boring as can be imagined. So with that in mind, here’s just a (not-so-boring-hopefully!) highlights of 2014;
- I’ve travelled at least 17,000 miles (with around 15,00 of those being by train)
- I’ve attended at lease one ‘major’ games event per month on average
- GDC Europe!
- Experiencing Manchester in all of it’s glory
- Met some of the most amazing people this world has to offer
- Crazy adventures with Chris
- Met some of my favourite authors (See above!)
- New Stormlight Archive novel (See above!)
- Played too many games, ranted about too many tutorials
- Loved too many people, laughed too many times
If that’s not one of the greatest twelve months, then I don’t know what is.
Of course, there were some downsides;
- No new novel by China Miéville
As sad as I am to see the end of such an amazing, unbelievable, unforgettable, humbling year, I am genuinely excited to see what 2015 has instore (Aside from a lot of Brandon Sanderson novels!)
I wish you all a happy 2015 🙂